Thursday, August 31, 2006

Life in the Lone Star State

Five months have passed with nary a post from me. This is why I never was good at keeping a diary. By now, the damned thing would be lost and I would have to start all over from scratch. I can see that blogging will benefit me at least this much -- it isn't exactly easy to lose the internet.

August has been a whirlwind month for me. I started it off by moving across three state lines in my lifelong pursuit of liberty and happiness. I found a home here with Justin, a thirty-six-year old man with an extra bedroom I can quite easily afford. It's more than big enough for my Doodle and me, and the rest of the house is sprawling and rather comfortable in a cluttered sort of way. So far, I'd have to say I love it here. It feels like home, right down to the stifling heat, which I've been bred to tolerate in the heart of the Deep South.

Speaking of heat, I'm sure the question on everyone's mind is how soon will I be fucking this lucky and mysterious Justin character. Well, a lady would never kiss and tell! Fortunately for my avid readers, I never considered myself that sort of lady. I admit to a certain attraction on my part, but am hesitant to complicate a good thing with that sort of relationship. Casual sex, like almost any undertaking, is never as simple in practice as it looked on the drawing board. Living together is an intimate thing by itself -- few people can share a home without some kind of bond forming over time.

I get the impression that my attraction is not entirely one-sided. Oh, I haven't caught him sniffing my underwear or drilling holes in the wall to watch me shower -- nothing so overt and boorish as that. There's a certain softness in his eyes when he looks at me that says we might just be thinking the same thing. Except for that, I really can't read his motivations. Like me, he doesn't put his cards on the table until the betting's done. All I can do is play this subtle game and count my winnings when it's over. In short, he's no doubt in over his head! I'll post summaries of each round as the next commences.

So far, I've been a perfect lady and he, the consummate gentleman. If you find this boring, write the story yourself and see if yours has a happier ending. Peace is what I came to find, and I fall into bed every night with a sigh of contentment and a wicked little smile on my face. Is this what peace is like? If so, it hasn't been a disappointment. For the first time in a long while, I like my life and the future looms on the horizon like a colorful sunset. I look forward to what tomorrow will bring in the great state of Texas. Yee-haw!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home